Weekend Ramblings for December 7, 2020
"Baby, it's cold outside." I should write a song.:-) But yes, winter is here. So, grab a cup of hot chocolate and enjoy this edition of the Weekend Ramblings. You can listen to this week's podcast that goes right along with the ramblings. Click here to listen.
1. God’s timing is always perfect... in my life too. I experienced it again yesterday.
2. I enjoyed the Esther series a lot. I’m thankful for what God taught me during the last 5 weeks.
3. I’m not sure I’ve used the terms annihilation, wiped out, or killed as much as was required during the Esther series.
4. I tried to be as kid-friendly as I could be for the series as our kids are in our services currently due to COVID.
5. Thank you to everyone who is doing their part in social distancing and wearing masks while on our campus.
6. Davis and I attended another church Sunday evening. Funny part... being recognized by a former Main Streeter I had never met.
7. There are quite a few very good churches in our area.
8. I really enjoy our “praying with the pastors” that our deacons lead on Sunday mornings before we begin the services.
9. I missed my cue when to come up on the stage... again. Awkward!
10. There’s been pretty good attendance amongst this third wave of cases. We miss those who haven’t been lately!
11. Davis and I were very honored to be a part of Sycamore Creek’s grand opening last Thursday. Their new facility is beautiful.
12. I am thankful for friendships that will last a lifetime!
13. Capriotti’s subs are amazing!
14. I got down to 1 mile left on the fuel gauge Saturday night.
15. Davis is home for another week doing school. He’s missing the classroom interaction but still thriving.
16. Davis and I had an idea to “remember mom” this past Saturday as it was six months since her passing.
17. We never dreamed what making a quick video of it would do.
18. I told Davis I’d give him $10 for every 1,000 Facebook views it would get. He wants a new computer.
19. I was thinking maybe it would cost me $10 or $20. Ummm, it’s at 26,600 views already. Yikes!
20. Yes, Davis and I travel a lot in this season of our lives. Our counselor has highly recommended it.
21. We began Christmas shopping the other day and realized while in the check-out line that we would have to take it all on the plane. So, we put it all back and will buy it when we arrive in town.
22. So many pastor friends are dealing with COVID themselves. I am trying to steer clear and remain healthy.
23. Our eating habits are pretty good! I am down 9 pounds in the last 8 weeks.
24. I challenge you to take just five minutes a day and begin a daily devotional. The Bible app has great options.
25. It’s the Christmas season and I love it!