Weekend Ramblings for February 24, 2020
It's another new week to live life to the fullest. But before we get ahead into the workweek, here's my Weekend Ramblings....
1. I am learning more and more to be okay with who I am because what matters is Who's I am.
2. Pleasing God doesn't always mean you'll please others.
3. To be honest, last week had some challenges along the way. I am finding that I can't please some and that's hard as a "people pleaser."
4. I am thankful for the friends in my life who encourage me.
5. I am attempting to get into the journal mode. It allows me to express my thoughts and feelings.
6. Laura does a great job of bringing out the best in me. I am blessed by her!
7. Staff meetings have become a lot of fun in the midst of busyness. Our team is very dedicated to reaching people for Jesus!
8. My staff teach me a lot.
9. We need weekly office volunteers! Tuesdays between 11:00am-4:00pm, Wednesdays between 9:00am-4:00pm, Thursdays between 9:00am-2:00pm. Pick a 2 or 3-hour shift and let us know!
10. It was 11 hours of learning last Thursday as I hung out with local pastors as we walk our churches through a vision clarity process.
11. A year ago, I wasn't sure how we would walk our church through vision clarity. Now we are just about ready!
12. Our vision will be clear and precise to what God is calling us to do for the next decade.
13. I love the team from Auxano as well as the NKBA who are resourcing our church in vision clarity.
14. The elders are excited about our next steps to reach people for Christ.
15. Small groups get started next week! Get signed up and "do life" together. There are 27 groups available for you to find your place. Log onto http://discovermainstreetchurch.com/get-involved/small-groups to see the options.
16. Men, I challenge you to "man up" and find a group for you and your wife.
17. Our group is starting out small. Want to join? Send me an email.
18. Laura and I survived finally painting the two-story entryway in our home. Scaffolding and all, we made it happen.
19. I spoke on patience yesterday in the Rules of Relationships series. How appropriate as we moved scaffolding creatively in narrow places for two days.
20. I loved hearing everyone say the commitment at the end of our series yesterday. Now let's live it out.
21. My family enjoyed #FamilyFriday in Florence. It was dinner and watching some races at Turfway Park.
22. I can't wait for this Sunday! We are launching "When God Doesn't Make Sense" - the teaching series. Find out more about it - http://discovermainstreetchurch.com/whengod.
23. This Sunday, for part of the sermon, you will hear an awesome story that I believe will bring Scripture to practical terms. Trust me - Invite your friends!
24. We are launching another You Give We Give initiative this Sunday.
25. I will press on and do what God is calling me to do. He matters.