Weekend Ramblings for January 20, 2020
Updated: Jan 21
We needed some family time so we headed out of town for 24 hours. Now, we are relaxing at a local bookstore as we await dinner with some out-of-town friends. So, here are my Weekend Ramblings.
1. I am so thankful for friends, past and present.
2. I am ever so grateful for the small group communities Laura and I have enjoyed.
3. Last night, we were able to share in food and fellowship with our former small group in Ohio. Lots of laughs!
4. I enjoyed sharing with our friends of the life change that is taking place at Main Street.
5. There was a lot of prep that went into our family business meeting on Sunday.
6. I was thankful to have the opportunity to speak about life change and vision for 2020 at our meeting.
7. Our vision needs to drive our finances. Let's continue to preach the Gospel, live out the Gospel, and share the Gospel.
8. A huge "thank you" to our awesome volunteers who provided food and child-care for the Discover Main Street on Sunday.
9. Yesterday was only my third business meeting in 22 years of church ministry.
10. I challenged our church family to make our focus on people rather than money. Some may disagree. . .Scripture doesn't. (Mark 16:15)
11. I am thankful for those embracing change as we continue to spread the Gospel to our neighbors and the nations.
12. Did you fill out a small group card at the service? I look forward to seeing the results. We'll give you another opportunity to do so this Sunday if you didn't.
13. God never intended for us to do life alone.
14. Small group community provides a way to see Christ in others.
15. Small group community provides a source of accountability and guidance.
16. Small group community provides a guide to spiritual growth.
17. Our business meeting went way longer than anticipated. So, there were 12 people in our Discover Class waiting to hear more about our church. What happened? Marc, our new student pastor, jumped in and led the class. #TeamPlayer
18. I've heard numerous comments about Marc's wife Brittany and how the students appreciate her joining in with the student ministry.
19. We are strategizing (all the staff) of how we are going to do kid's ministry in an awesome way in 2020.
20. We stopped by today and saw the construction progress of the new Next Gen building that our former church is building. Wow! Twelve thousand square feet to minister to babies through 12th grade.
21. We joked as I sat at my old office desk while my replacement was off for the holiday. I sent him the photo and said hello. He's a great guy!
22. Davis is hosting another Restaurant Takeover at the area's newest - Dunkin'. Join us Monday, January 27 between 6:00-8:00pm.
23. This Sunday, I will be joined on stage by two people who are investing BIGTIME in community to reach others for Christ. You'll want to hear what they have to say.
24. Would you consider inviting someone to our February series: The Rules of Relationships? We'll give you an invite or two this Sunday to do so.
25. We're headed out now to have dinner with my former boss-man. He's so much more than that to us. #Blessed