Weekend Ramblings for November 30, 2020
It's the final day of November here in Kentucky and... it's snowing! I love it. It puts a nice cap on the end of Thanksgiving weekend. Speaking of Thanksgiving, here's my Weekend Ramblings which include a lot about Thanksgiving. While you're watching it snow, you can listen to this week's podcast that goes right along with the ramblings. Click here to listen.
1. Yes, we took a week off from the Weekend Ramblings. It was family time for us.
2. Last Monday, we were scrambling for what to do for our Thanksgiving break as our plans changed due to Covid.
3. My brother and sister-in-law are doing much better now. Thanks for the prayers!
4. I am grateful for the airlines being flexible during this season of uncertainty.
5. We canceled our Florida trip and planned a last-minute get-a-way to the mountains of North Carolina to be with Laura’s family.
6. Davis and I drove Wednesday to Greensboro but not before stopping in Mayberry (aka Mt. Airy). Annnnndy…..
7. You should have seen the sweets we bought at a bakery in Mayberry. We left with 6 different desserts.
8. Davis and I enjoyed a late-night snack before heading to bed on Thanksgiving “Eve.” Our favorite part was the triple chocolate meltdown! Yum!
9. Thanksgiving Day began with a run-through for a biscuit at Bojangles.
10. It was fun meeting up with Laura’s family at Cracker Barrel for Thanksgiving lunch (along with everyone else in Greensboro ).
11. The whole family headed to the mountains of western North Carolina…. Beech Mountain to be exact.
12. We had a blast hanging around Boone and Beech Mountain for 48 hours. It was beautiful.
13. My nephew is a food connoisseur… at the age of 23. We ate great!
14. Davis loves to play board games with the family!
15. We are very blessed to have so much family in our lives. There’s many miles between us all but when we are together, there’s nothing better.
16. My family was incredibly honored on Friday evening. It even was newsworthy – literally! Haven’t seen it? Check out my Facebook page to see it!
17. There were many wonderful Laura memories shared amongst us all during the Thanksgiving break.
18. Davis and I began our journey back to Kentucky but not before making a last-minute pit stop in one of the fun capitals in America – Gatlinburg.
19. I think everyone in America had the same thought of going to Gatlinburg to end Thanksgiving weekend. It was a madhouse.
20. Davis went ice skating for the first time ever. He did great!
21. On our way out of town on Sunday, I asked Davis if he would want to ride some roller coasters. “Um… yeah, Dad!” So, off to Dollywood we went.
22. We rode coasters for a solid 6 hours only to pause to eat and see a thirty-minute show.
23. I was still feeling motion sick when we got home after midnight last night!
24. Making new memories with Davis has been so fun.
25. This weekend proved to me just how blessed of a man I am. I have a wonderful family, great friends, and precious memories that will last my entire life.