Weekend Ramblings for November 9, 2020
It's been a very nice 96 hours with family. Here's kind of a breakdown. Also, you have to listen to this week's podcast that goes right along with the ramblings. Click here to listen.
1. God is still on the throne!
2. Voting is a privilege. I hope you took the opportunity to do so.
3. This week, we celebrate Veterans’ Day. Thank at least one specifically on Wednesday.
4. It was so nice to have family in town for the last 5 days.
5. It’s funny to think about how close my brother and I are after we fought like cats and dogs as kids.
6. Davis finished up his quarantine on Friday. He did great.
7. Attitude in the way we handle things sets the course ahead.
8. It was really good to get some home-cooked meals thanks to my sister-in-law this past week.
9. In the words of many, our kids and student area looks amazing!
10. Covid is on the rise in the area. Boooo!
11. After just adding kids’ programs four weeks ago for K-5th grade at the 11:00am service, we’re off to a very good start.
12. This past Sunday, we had 23 kids at 9:30 and 11 kids at 11:00am.
13. I am thankful that we now have a Family Room for families to hang out with their kids during both services.
14. I love seeing the new families who have joined our church recently being so faithful in attendance!
15. You should check out our volunteer serve opportunities board in the lobby.
16. Having my brother speak at our Sunday services is such a great honor.
17. Greg began our Esther series. Wow, it was so good. You should listen to it!
18. The worship song of Peace Be Still was powerful!
19. My brother spent four hours with the staff today. He shared some great encouragement as well as information.
20. Our staff get along so well. I love each of them!
21. I played golf twice in a 48-hour span. That hasn’t happened in a long time.
22. My golf game is .... Well, what do you think?
23. Friday night was one of the greatest honors for our family. Thank you to the Eve Center for remembering Laura!
24. It’s hard to say goodbye to family.
25. I can’t believe Thanksgiving is only 2.5 weeks away!